Friday, December 6, 2013

The Infallible Logic of My Daughter

While riding in the car the other day my daughter was regaling us with her thoughts and while listening to them I misunderstood what she said.
Me: Did you just ask me to butter your crown?
Daughter: No Forehead!
Me: You want me to butter your forehead?!
Daughter: No. Sigh. My forehead is beautiful.

When we sat down to eat dinner we told my daughter that Lasagna was Daddy's favorite food. She said: Yeah, girls cannot eat Lasagna because it is yucky.

When getting ready for bed I said to my daughter that it was time to put on some pajamas. She looked at me and said that she cannot wear pajamas. To which I replied, Why can't you wear pajamas? She then gave me a stern look and said: "I cannot wear Pah's jamas I need to wear Evie's jamas".

Evie will periodically complain about wounds that do not actually exist. While watching Tangled Evie suddenly discovered a new way to heal an imaginary wound.  She took her finger and tried valiantly to get her finger wrapped in her hair. She couldn't get her hair sufficiently wrapped around her finger, so with my help we got her finger wrapped in her hair.  We sang the flower song a couple times and she got frustrated that the wound did not heal. I tried to explain that her hair didn't contain magical properties since it was normal hair.  Undeterred she runs off and came back wearing the Rapunzel hair wig with her finger wrapped in its yarn ready to be healed. Unfortunately this hair did not work either but it did make me smile.

In other news the compacter has discovered better ways to put away food.

Two spoons are better than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment